Displaying all posts for ‘Community

Local Eats, Beer and Cheer at Brewmaster’s Feast (+ a Bonus Eddyline Beer Guide)

by November 18, 2010 » Add the first comment.
autumn brewmaster's feast-3

Last night’s Autumn Brewmaster’s Feast at Eddyline Brewpub was a real treat! 5 courses of totally delicious, totally local food, each with its own beer pairing. Better yet was the presence of several of the dinner’s local food supplier’s at the feast. Dave and Kerry Nelson of Ploughboy Local Market sourced much of the dinner, [...] Read more »

Meet Eddyline’s New Brewmaster Scott Kimball

by November 14, 2010 » Add more comments.
scott face shot

Eddyline Restaurant and Brewery is giving the beer connoisseurs (or at least enthusiasts) among us plenty to be excited about these days. As part of their plan to expand their brewing operation to include a new cannery in BV, Eddyline hired this summer a down-to-earth, 26-year-old brewmaster by the name of Scott Kimball. This Wednesday, [...] Read more »

Photo Gallery: Eddyline Brewpub’s Fall Fest

by November 3, 2010 » Add the first comment.
Eddyline Brewery Fall Fest-12

On Halloween day, the South Main Town Square was the site of Eddyline Restaurant and Brewery‘s Fall Fest. Local Food, local Beer, local Music with Bruce Hayes, face painting, a haunted trail  and trick-or-treat safe zone for the kids were all on tap. The non-profit event generously benefited the Boys and Girls Club [...] Read more »

5 Reasons Why this Weekend Will Be Awesome!

by October 29, 2010 » Add more comments.
Image for 5 Reasons Why this Weekend Will Be Awesome!

Reason for Awesomeness #1: The Rally to Restore Sanity! As Jon Stewart says in the clip below, a lot of us have $%#@ to do and alas, will not be at the “million moderate march.” But I’ll sure be streaming it on Comedy Central (since I’m one of those hippies without a boob tube)! [...] Read more »

The Pump A Thon is On! Make BV’s Bike Park Possible

by October 22, 2010 » Add the second comment.
OnlineArkValleyPoster cropped

Here’s a message from Earl Richmond of Colorado Kayak Supply about another great public park amenity in our River Park. For those of you that do not know, Buena Vista and Northern Chaffee County are very close to getting our public Pump Track built.  It will be located in front of the Buena Vista [...] Read more »

Enter the 5 Spot Live Music Series: The Kueppers on Music, Art and Moving to South Main

by October 19, 2010 » Add more comments.
Image for Enter the 5 Spot Live Music Series: The Kueppers on Music, Art and Moving to South Main

“I’ve lived all over the world, and I’ve searched high and low for a spot like this, from the alps to Australia to the Pacific Northwest, Vermont, and Montana.” -Angela Kuepper. It’s hard to believe it was only three years ago that Katie and I wandered across South Main to introduce ourselves to the cool, young couple that had just rented 1101 River Park Road. Little did we know that they would buy a home in South Main, take over organization of The Collegiate Peaks Music Festival and launch a year round music series in BV.

Our Family Bike Ride to the Buena Vista Farmer’s Market

by October 1, 2010 » Add more comments.
Image for Our Family Bike Ride to the Buena Vista Farmer’s Market

We love eating local food, and we love that every year we have more sources for delicious, local and organic food in Buena Vista. Aside from the root vegetables, greens, strawberries, peas, onions, tomatoes, peppers, squash and more that we harvest from our urban vegetable garden, we get our food through Weathervane Farm’s community supported [...] Read more »

Disc Golf Course Opens in Buena Vista River Park

by September 7, 2010 » Add more comments.
Image for Disc Golf Course Opens in Buena Vista River Park

Having invested heavily in the town of Buena Vista’s river park, it makes us really happy to see a project like the Buena Vista Disc Golf Course become a reality. Yesterday was the official ribbon cutting, and the course’s first 9 holes are now open for free public use! Another 9 holes are planned. South [...] Read more »

Welcome the Pucketts, South Main’s Newest Family

by September 2, 2010 » Add more comments.
South Main Townhouse Color Palate

A few weeks ago I waved hello to Philip and Cindy Puckett and their 4-year-old daughter Chloe as they peered out a second story window. “This is my room!” Chloe shouted, beaming. The Pucketts are proud owners of the new, 2,550-square-foot Kenny Craft design now under construction at 905 South Main Street. Philip, [...] Read more »

Plein Air Painting Comes to South Main

by August 31, 2010 » Add more comments.
Plein Air Painting in the South Main Neighborhood 1

For the 3rd year in a row, the Colorado Mountain Plein Air Painting Festival takes place in the Upper Arkansas Valley from Leadville to Cotopaxi. Local artists as well as others from several states will be arriving to paint the area. This year’s dates are September 16-26, during the height of the fall color. There are many events and “paint-outs” with awards, and two of the events will take place in the South Main Neighborhood in Buena Vista.

Pages:«12345»