Displaying all posts for ‘Community

New Skatepark Under Construction on South Main Street!

by April 2, 2012 » Add the first comment.
Buena Vista Skate Park Design Rendering

We were quite excited to see ground break this month on a new skatepark at the intersection of Cedar Street and South Main Street. Located on a piece of Town land near the entrance to South Main, the park grew from efforts of Chaffee County High School (CCHS) student Caleb Green who helped write a [...] Read more »

Buena Vista’s Hwy 24 Needs a Road Diet

by March 15, 2012 » Add the second comment.
Leadville, Colorado public domain

“A road diet is one of the most cost-efficient ways to improve a roadway. You can do a mile of roadway for about $50,000, which is the cost of one sidewalk bulb-out, or to compare, a traffic signal could cost $300,000 or $400,000 -Mike Sallaberry, Transportation Engineer, San Francisco MTA “A road diet is [...] Read more »

Eddyline Brewery Partners with PaddleFest to Launch Boater Beer

by February 26, 2012 » Add the first comment.
Image for Eddyline Brewery Partners with PaddleFest to Launch Boater Beer

Words and images courtesy of Earl Richmond of CKS Paddle Fest. Buena Vista’s Eddyine Brewery started a new beer this month to raise funds and awareness for Buena Vista’s long-running and super-successful special event, Paddle Fest. The beer was started today at the brewery by Eddyline owner and operator, Mic Heynekamp, with [...] Read more »

BV Christmas Opening Features Equine Parade and More

by December 1, 2011 » Add the first comment.
Image for BV Christmas Opening Features Equine Parade and More

Buena Vista’s Christmas opening is always a fun way to kick off the holidays. Come check it out! An Equine Parade, Chocolate Walk, Festival of Trees, Parade of Lights and much more all are on tap for this Saturday, December 3rd. Click the flyer to the left for more details, and [...] Read more »

BV Roastery Opens New Space on Main St!

by November 17, 2011 » Add the first comment.
new buena vista roastery-4

The growing number of great new businesses on Main Street over last few years here in Buena Vista has been very exciting see. Now the Buena Vista Roastery has added to the selection with a gorgeous new space featuring an impressive array of fresh baked goods made daily on-site in addition to their high-altitude coffees [...] Read more »

Trick or Treating in South Main

by November 1, 2011 » Add the second comment.
halloween in south main-8

It feels like we’ve hit a critical mass of kids and families in South Main given that we had our first true trick-or-treating outing on Halloween. A posse of South Main families traipsed around the neighborhood, knocking on every door they could find and hitting up households that were a bit unaccustomed to trick or [...] Read more »

Bales of Fun at the Pumpkin Patch Festival

by October 22, 2011 » Add the first comment.
pumpkin patch festival-10

It’s hard to fully appreciate how cool the Pumpkin Patch festival is until you have a 2 year old. Held just west of Buena Vista at the home of Weathervane Farm, Colorado Grown and Cottonwood Creek Dairy, Pumpkin Patch is chock full of activities that kids can’t get enough of. Hay rides to pick out [...] Read more »

$750 in Prizes for Taking this BV Survey!

by October 1, 2011 » Add more comments.
Image for $750 in Prizes for Taking this BV Survey!

Take this survey by October 15th for a chance at $750 worth of awesome prizes listed below! Be sure to include your email so we can notify you if you win. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BVbrandingsurvey The Buena Vista Business Alliance is doing research & development into the Buena Vista [...] Read more »

New Home Draws Inspiration from New Orleans

by September 1, 2011 » Add the second comment.
Val and Linda

Val and Linda Puckett are bringing some inspiration from the deep south to South Main with their beautiful full-time residence currently under construction on Buzz Boulevard. At 1,700 square feet plus a garage, the Kenny Craft design takes inspiration from the architecture of New Orleans. Family was the biggest factor in the Pucketts’ decision to [...] Read more »

My Street Makes Me Happy

by July 8, 2011 » Add the first comment.
Image for My Street Makes Me Happy

I’m in a hurry to finish this post cause I have an impromptu community picnic in the park to make it to. I’ll be wheeling the barbecue, table and chairs over to enjoy some quality time with my neighbors while my kids tear around with their little friends from across the alley. I’m a lucky [...] Read more »

Pages:«12345»